What inverters do I need for 14.5m of neon EL wire?

I have a project that needs to power 14.5 meters of EL wire. That 14.5 meters will also be split 10 ways.

This project will be mounted on a car, which has a 2kVA generator in the back. But the generator will also be powering other christmas lights and a sound system.

So this setup will need to hook into either the generator, the car lighter socket, or have it own battery source.

Questions:

1. What type and quantity of inverters do I need for this project? I’m not very technical so I please need advise for making this setup work.

2. Is it ok to split something 10 ways from a single source?

3. I want these lights to pack a punch, so I’m considering using the Adafruit high brightness EL wire. Does it out perform the normal type of EL wire by a large degree?

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi Ben,

As per our conversation yesterday regarding the EL Wire, here is a great tutorial series by Adafruit which discusses the technical usage and limitations of using EL Wire https://learn.adafruit.com/el-wire/using-el-wire

I mentioned that your best bet might be this 12V supply EL inverter which can handle longer runs. It’ll still only do 6m of the High-Brightness EL Wire, so you’ll still need at least 3 to get proper brightness.