What is this cord called?

It’s what appears to be a silicone foam cord, ~ 2mm in diameter, it sits in the inset of enclosures to form a seal that makes them watertight.

I’m trying to find some to put in my own printed enclosures, but I haven’t a clue what it’s called and my searches have all come up empty :frowning_face:

1 Like

Hi Jordan
Google “silicon sponge cord” and you will get some hits

This is an Ebay entry

and is chinese but you may find some local supplier on Ebay if you search.
Cheers Bob


Thanks Bob - the keywords did help a lot! I couldn’t find anything local with an exact match. I’ve found a slightly different cord from Refast though, seems to be doing the same job (maybe better? - time will tell).