Where can i find 16V 270 Caps

Stupid me was replacing a power supply on a PC and broke one of the through hole polymer aluminum Electrolytic Caps (16V 270uf)

Apart from Ebay everything seems to be out of stock , does any one have a link

1 Like

Hi Nathan
Jaycar (don’t know about polymer/aluminium)
Element 14
RS Components
and a host of other suppliers.
Jaycar may be the easiest but do not have 270µF listed as a preferred value and don’t specifically list polymer/aluminium types. Low ESR values listed are 220µF, 470µF. You would probably get away with 220µF. The tolerance % of these things is pretty wide anyway.
Cheers Bob

1 Like

thanks , i assumed i would have been able to get it out easy … but now i have to take it into work and hope for the best , seems like i just cant get enough heat into it to get the solder to flow … its nearly new motherboard time

Hi Nathan

Don’t know what sort of soldering iron you are trying to use but it sounds like you are heading down the path of board destruction.

If this is the PC motherboard it will most certainly be multi layered. Up to half a dozen or so layers and as such care has to be taken with through hole components as they will be connected with “via” in the board and damage to these is usually the end of the board. I am only guessing but it really does not sound like you have the experience to be playing around with this sort of thing. Find a mate who does.
Cheers Bob

I’m IPC qualified , i just over estimated my equipment. That’s why I stopped so ill just take it into work where they have an oven and proper bench setup. But totally agree that its time to stop.