WIZnet WizFi360-EVB-Pico compatible

WOW !!! Just noticed this device.

This is exactly what I think the Pico needed.
Full memory capacity (16MB) and wireless connection.
I WANT one.

A little long but what the heck.

LOL
Jim

4 Likes

Hi Jim,

Agreed as soon as we discovered the WIZnet boards we knew we’d have to get some. Our first shipment got snapped up but it looks like we’ll have more on the way shortly.

2 Likes

Raspberry Pi have announced their own Pico W.

Not available yet, but…
Dave

2 Likes

Hi Dave,

I suppose an RP2040 with wifi was such a good product it was only a matter of time before the Pi Foundation designed its own official version.

We don’t currently have a confirmed date for when the Pico W will have RCM approval and be available for sale in Australia. I suspect the next shipment WIZnet boards will arrive before the Pico W are available so they are still a good substitute until the Pico W supply is improved.

3 Likes

Hi Trent,

I wonder why it took so long… anyhow I like the same form factor, it will suit the piicodev adapter.

Dave

2 Likes

Hi Dave,

My best guess would be they didn’t want to invest too much development into new products while they had production issues with the existing products due to the global silicon shortage.

I hope that by turning some RP2040 chips into wifi devices the Pico W supply can ramp up and ease some of the demand on the Pi Zero W boards as there’s a decent amount of crossover between the applications of those boards and the Pi Zero W boards have a demand that well outstrips the boards available.

2 Likes