Xbox rumble motor

Hi am after a weighted motor just like the Xbox rumble motors with the larger weight do core sell these or something similar?
I’m using it with an Arduino and motor shield to make rumble effects on my sim racing pedals and the Xbox motors work great but are hard to get and don’t last very long

They don’t have to be round as I can 3D print a cover

Any suggestions

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi James,

Unfortunately, we don’t supply rumble motors in the size that you need. Although, there’s a couple of shaftless vibration motors that if you stacked together could create some decent, recognizable kick, otherwise, they’re just DC motors with an uneven distribution of weight on top, so you should be able to use just about any DC motor with a weight on the side of the shaft, and you’ll be good to go. If you’re able to, you may even be able to take the weight from the original that you’ve got there and put it on a much bigger motor. If there’s anything else that I can help you with please let me know.

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

1 Like

Thankyou

You’re welcome Jason,

Please let us know if you have any further questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bryce

Fyi, the engineering-y name for a rumble motor is an eccentric mass motor, or (more colloquially) in industry a vibe motor (eg. Off a vibe feeder). Might help with your googling.

1 Like

Thankyou

Hi Jason,

It’s a bit of a workaround but there is always the option of 3D printing an interference fit attachment to the motor shaft and unevenly distributing the weight to get your desired results.

Core stock’s a range of motors as seen here:

Regards,
Liam.

1 Like

Hi Liam

Awesome idea I’ll do some research on that

1 Like

Hi Jason,

If you don’t have a printer and need a few of these we actually operate that service here if you need it.

Bryce