Zhiyun Crane 3s analog controller build

Hi,

I have a Zhiyun Crane 3s gimbal and I’m trying to setup a wireless system. The company has a Motion Sensor Remote Controller however I don’t like the physical joystick on that controller. My question is are you able to tap into the controller to connect Mini Analog Joystick - 10K Potentiometers? I have seen others in Aus do it, Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks

Wireless Joystick controller - Zhiyun-Tech Motion Sensor Remote Controller for Weebill-S COB5 | Buy at digiDirect | digiDirect

1 Like

Hi Hasib,

Welcome to the forum!

While you can certainly tap into a potentiometer there are some specifications that you’d have to find before replacing one. @Robert93820 covers them really well here: 12 day project: ESP32 - LED controller - #11 by Robert93820

Also, note the resistance rating and the physical pin locations on a joystick as to whether you’d be able to swap them out.
There is also some risk in tapping into parts especially if it’s driving some expensive equipment, usually during/ after development there is a lot of testing that takes pleace proceed with caution!

Liam.