ZS-X11H Motor controller Connection to Arduino

Hello. I have recently purchased the ZS-X11H V1 motor controller. I am struggling to find a solution to how to connect it to an external Arduino to read PWM. Could anyone possible show me on a diagram how it should be connected. The motor has 5 hall effect sensors, i am wondering if they have to be connected to the controller or can they be attached directly to an Arduino. Any help is hugely appreciated thanks
ZS-X11H

1 Like

The sensors have to be connected to the controller in order for the controller to detect speed and direction and to control the motor properly.

You could connect any one of the sensors to an Arduino pin and count the ticks to calculate the RPM. If your motor has 5 sensors then it seems that two of them aren’t being used by the controller and you could use either one of them. Otherwise, you could tap into one of the sensors shown in your diagram. You will need to determine how the sensors are arranged internally to work out the relationship between changes in the sensor value and one rotation of the motor. The typical arrangement for a sensor is to switch between zero and about 1.2V, so it should be usable with either analog or digital Arduino inputs. However you may need to implement some debouncing, because it’s not likely that is part of the motor.

1 Like