10W Super Bright LED - Warm White with 60 Degrees Lens (FIT0380)

This is a placeholder topic for “10W Super Bright LED - Warm White with 60 Degrees Lens” comments.

This 10W super bright LED can be used as a flash searchlight for your robot projects. It consists of 9 separate LEDs and has a luminance of 500LM. The 60 degrees lens for focusing the light. Comes in various colors.

Read more

1 Like

Hey all, is this LED Dimmable with PWM? Or will simply reducing the voltage reduce the Lumen output?

Thank you for your help

2 Likes

Hi Alex,

PWM will be the better way to go, but you can also dim LEDs with voltage. They’re very sensitive to voltage adjustments though, so with out a very good voltage regulator it’s difficult to achieve.

DIY Perks has a good video on the latter approach if you’re up for it:

3 Likes

can you give me a data sheet for SKU: FIT0380 - the link to the data sheet is blank

2 Likes

Here’s the datasheet @Nicci188928

I’ve updated the product page to suit, thanks for raising this.

1 Like

Is that the data sheet for the White LED - the values are for R, G and B?

1 Like

Hi Nicci
R + G + B = White.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes

Hi
When I’m setting the forward voltage and current in my LED driver, which values do I use - R is different from the G and B?

1 Like

You can’t use the values from that data sheet - it refers to a different product.

1 Like

Hi Michael
See comment below re. datasheet
Nicci

1 Like

So it is! It is the datasheet that I found on DF Robot’s listing for the product (below). You might be best off approaching them for the correct datasheet. Sorry for the confusion :expressionless:

2 Likes

Hi Michael

Surely if Core have been selling these for some time it would be up to Core to provide the correct data sheet. I think Core would (or should) be in a better position to do this than a potential user.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes

Of course! And in general I think we do a pretty good job maintaining data for thousands of esoteric and constantly changing parts.
For products such as this that haven’t attracted much attention, there can be niggles. We’ve contacted DF Robot, but it doesn’t hurt to do the same detective work in parallel to remove the middleman.

2 Likes

Agreed. Most of the descriptive text seems to be a verbatim copy of the manufacturers offering. Which is fair enough as you can’t be expected to re write everything. A horrendously impractical undertaking.

Some of the problems seem to be due in part on contradicting and conflicting entries within that text. Some of the Chinese translations leave a bit to be desired. After some toing and froing eventually most of it gets sorted. The annoying bit is that it happens in the first place. I am not suggesting this is Core’s responsibility but this sort of thing certainly (with me anyway) reflects poorly on the manufacturers QA plan.

My main bitch (for won’t of a better word) is the complete lack of information from some manufacturers so the maker has to purchase, do what he thinks he can do then finds it just won’t work or he has destroyed the device completely. The main bogey here seems to be the method of powering a device. I know the designs are sometimes “Commercial in Confidence” as it used to be known as but surely a circuit of the power arrangements would not hurt. I don’t see anyone trying to reverse engineer a product that only probably cost $10 in the fires place. At least dong this would enable one to decide on a powering system if for some reason you don’t want to or can’t power via the USB port.

I personally will not purchase if at least the powering information is not available. I am a bit anti having to purchase possibly multiple devices before I find the one that will do things the way I want or need to do.

Anyway Core is doing pretty well, keep it up.
Cheers Bob

3 Likes

Hi Michael

I contacted dfrobot re. the data sheet – see attached screenshot – not a complete data sheet but enough info for me.

They responded:

" And due to our agreement with the original manufacturer, we are not able to disclose the full datasheet of the FIT0380, and we have wrote the discloseable parameters on the product page.

We hope these parameters could be helpful. "

1 Like

Nice @Nicci188928 - I’ve captured this for our team to improve the product page. Thanks for posting your findings.