3-core sensor cable?

I often need a thin flexible 3-core cable to connect up sensors and have not been able to find any. Something like the cables used for the DS18B20 sensors - about 4mm outside diameter and preferably screened. Is Core Electronics able to recommend something or source some? What do others do when you want 2-3m of cable for a sensor?

1 Like

Hi Steven,

I think the closest we have is something like this:

Silicone covered cables generally have a high strand count and flexible insulation, so they are very flexible in my experience, but I get that you’re after something more integrated.

For that, a more industrial supplier might be the go, parametric search really helps to narrow down what you’re after:

You may also want to try Mouser, Element14

-James

3 Likes

Hi Steven, James
I have not looked at Element 14 but I would guess they would have something.
Jaycar Cat No WB1540, 4 core screened.Bit expensive but the only one they have that might do you.
Tip: DO NOT use the screen as a power or other connection. The screen should be used to minimise external interference and should be connected to ground or a common point AT ONE END ONLY.
Cheers Bob

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Element14 do have something but 25m and delivery make it uneconomical… Another option is to buy some cheap USB cables and use them. I think they are 4-core, shielded.

1 Like

Hi Steven

Some are only 2 core (charge only) and I wouldn’t guarantee the shielding presence.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes