4 Pin Connector for a cosplay!

Hello,

I need a “4 pin connector” to complete the circuit for a LED light strip + remote control/12V power. The remote control allows me to control the colour of the lights. I’ve never done circuit things before and I feel totally like a fish out of water, I don’t know exactly what “4 pin connector” I need. Any help would be appreciated and if you need any more details let me know and I will try to be as clear as possible.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Any photos ??? There are literally hundreds of different 4 pin connectors out there.
Cheers Bob

1 Like

One would nearly have to see that or find someone familiar with what you show (not me). That black connector with the pine is just a bit of header strip. May or may not have the correct pin size for that white female connector. Do you have all the bits? There maybe should be some sort of control box somewhere that these connectors plug into. Something has to drive the LEDs and provide the switching smarts to change colours. Maybe some pics of everything you have might help.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes

I can’t take a photo right now but perhaps this helps, I have purchased this:
And I have a 12V power supply

Thanks so much for helping, I appreciate it!
1 Like

Also the 4 pin does not fit into that socket. The socket is circular, the pins are square

Something like [this]?
You can search on “4PIN Male Connector Wire Cable For 3528 5050 RGB LED Strip Light”.

Looks promising! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Had a look at that link. Does not tell much does it. It does look like they intended that header strip to plug into the connector but maybe not???. Are there any markings on the connector indicating what pin does what? Did any documentation or wiring diagram come with it? The link that Jeff provided may be what you are after, I am not familiar with and try to stay away from these obscure devices.
Cheers Bob
PS. Sometimes square pins can go into round holes. Carefully try without being brutal. If seems too hard don’t go any further.

1 Like

@Tara146569

The connector you are showing is normally sold as a strip, and a piece with the correct number of pins is broken from the strip. Check the online store and search for something like “breakaway connector”

No. It is sold as a pre-wired component. The square pins in the breakable strip will not fit. The ‘Dupont’ prototyping wires with round pins also don’t fit.

This is what I received with it. Again, doesn’t say a whole lot! The pin definitely doesn’t fit, I have tried.
I’ve purchased the cord Jeff suggested and I’m taking the whole thing to my grandpa’s house on the weekend and he will know what to do haha! Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Tara,

Sounds like a plan, make sure to let us know if you’re able to connect it and how you fixed it. Would be very useful for people with the same problem in the future :grin: Have a great weekend!

Hi Tara,

Interesting one, a possible solution would be to solder a new connector on one end!

If you’re interested in using the socket that’s already attached see below :smiley:

I would check out these Swiss headers here:

Some more detailed photos:

I would just note the pitch of the connectors (distance between the centre of the pins)

Let us know how you go!

Cheers,
Liam.

1 Like

I went to banggood.com and typed “led strip connector” into the search bar. Results look good. Lots of promising results including cables and the 4 pin connector you are looking for. If you can wait a few weeks for delivery, ( or pay for express postage) why not give it a go.

I think the connector is 8mm, and not the .1" typical of the DuPont connectors.

Looking at the earlier photos The LED controller connector pitch looks the same as the header strip pins which is 0.1" or 2.54mm.
Cheers Bob

1 Like