Just purchased the Adafruit 1.3 Color TFT Bonnet for Raspberry Pi - 240x240 TFT + Joystick Add-on and can’t get it to turn on or operate in any way.
I’m extremely new to hardware (experienced with software) so I’ve almost definitely done something wrong on the hardware side. Likely soldering.
My question is: How do I figure out what is going wrong?
To help troubleshoot. I have done the following:
- Installed Pi OS Lite on an SD card and plugged it into my Rasperry Pi Zero
- Setup headless mode so I can ssh to the rpi
- Soldered header pins to my rpi
- Soldered a Pimoroni LiPo Shim to the pins (working perfectly)
- Attached the TFT Bonnet to the top of the pins
- Followed the Python installation instructions at this link
- Tried running the scripts, but nothing seems to happen. There’s no evidence of power being supplied to the screen, or anything at all for that matter.
At the risk of embarrassing myself, I’ve included some photos of my pi that might reveal any obvious issues:
Thank you for any help