Bluetooth Security Bug - Xbox Controller

Hey all,

So Ive been trying to pair my xbox controller with retropie but it just wont work, I followed the tutorial on this link but I still get the "An error occurred connecting to the bluetooth device (Creating device Failed: org.bluez.Error.ConnectionAttemptFailed: Page Timeout)

I thought I did everything correctly with the instructions but clearly I’ve missed something is anyone able to help me solve this Cheers

below is the link to fix the Bluetooth Security Bug.

Heres a few screenshots to show you what my Config files look like after the edits.

1 Like

1 Like

this will fix any bluetooth issues, I only needed this command to fix the security bug.

happy to resolve this issue.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a ton for sharing your solution!

Bluetooth is a bit of a mess once you get down into the weeds with it, we need all the tips and tricks we can get our hands on to make it easier :slight_smile:

-James

1 Like

Hey James,

No worries at all yeah I cant tell you how many issues I’ve ran into with my raspberry pi, although in saying that I’ve heard the issues are to do with the case I’m using so that doesn’t help.

when I boot up the Pi from a cold boot I get no HDMI signal I get the solid red light but no green light its super weird, I have to let the pi boot up without the HDMI cable in and then plug it in 5 minutes after I’ve booted the pi then the green light emits on the Pi.

yet If I reboot the pi with sudo reboot -h now it reboots perfectly fine work that out -_-

as with bluetooth I ended up watching several bluetooth videos, and I was about ready to give up until I tackled the issue with a different approach and ended up solving the issue :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Daniel,

That is an odd HDMI error, perhaps it could be something to do with how the Pi detects the HDMI mode it is supposed to run in when trying to communicate with your monitor. There are some details on how HDMI groups work here, it might be worth trying a different monitor if you have one handy, just to see if you get the same behaviour.

I totally get what you mean with BlueTooth, it is simultaneously my favourite and least favourite protocol since sometimes it works effortlessly, and other times it needs me to turn my car engine off and on again just to relink my phone which has been connected fine for months.

Hi Trent,

So I have decided to strip the Pi from the argon case just to see if i could eliminate the case being the cause of the issue, and I have found that the issue is still there even just with the Pi.

I just have a Solid red light indicating the pi has sufficient power, I have also tried the Pi on several monitors and they all have the same result so I am thinking that the issue is either the OS or the Pi itself.

The strange thing is the Pi will boot If the HDMI cable is out then I plug it back in but wont if the power and video are plugged in at the same time?

Update the Pi the SD card has completely died hoping this was the issue as I tried formatting the SD card on a windows PC and windows is unable to format it and is only seeing the card as 112MB when its a 64GB card.

heres the boot loader error " unable to read FAT partition even though I used Pi Imager to format and install retropie, so windows should of seen as a FAT32 File system >_<

The imager will create a small FAT32 partition and a large Linux partition for the rest of the card which Windows cannot use. So what you are seeing in Windows is correct. You should post the image again in a larger size, as currently it is too small to be read.

Issue have been resolved happy to close post.