Case for Rasberry Pi 3 B V1.2 with Pimoroni HyperPixel display

Hi There,
I recently purchased a Pimoroni HyperPixel display from Core and I need a better case for my Rasberry Pi 3 B V1.2 , what do you recommend?
I like the look of the Slim Case, but it’s not for the B, the Pimoroni will sit on top, so I nee a ‘topless’ case.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

If you like the style of our slim cases, I’d suggest taking a look at the Pimoroni PiBow Coupe line of cases. Just don’t forget to order appropriate standoffs to go with it!

You can also try printing your own (or getting us to print one for you). Here’s a case someone has designed:

Regards,
Oliver
Support | Core Electronics

Hey thanks Oliver, I have no idea what standoffs I’d need, will the ones that came with the HyperPixel do the trick? I Just want to mount it directly on top. Or should I mod the case?

Hi Mike,

The standoffs that come with the Hyperpixel are the perfect height for mounting it directly to the PCB of your Pi, but if you have some case in the way of the mounting points you might need to use different length standoffs (especially if your case covers or uses the mounting holes on the Pi PCB).

Depending on what exactly you’re ordering we might be able to grab something off the shelf to measure it for you, but the first port of call should be checking product dimensions or design details.

Regards,
Oliver
Support | Core Electronics