Connector identification help

Hi,

I am having trouble identifying these connectors, the shells are 10mm x 6mm, I am wondering if they are JSTs but they have holes rather than slots.

Thanks Megan

3 Likes

Hi Megan,

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Would it be possible to measure the pitch of the pins(from the center of one pin to the center of another)?
And a link to the board?

Worth noting for future readers: If the designs are open source you’ll be able to open up the PCB files and have a look at the footprint

Liam

3 Likes

Hi, thanks for getting back.

It is one of these, ESP32 4.7”E-ink Display 960×540 Wiki - DFRobot

The pin pitch is between 1.5 and 1.7mm.

MW

2 Likes

Hi Megan,

Thanks for sending that through!
Given that DFrobot make that one I would have thought that the connectors would have been the ‘Gravity’ range of connectors, though they have a pitch of 2mm.

I couldnt find any good photos of the module, does it have any keying inside of the socket?

Unfortunately, we don’t have one in stock to test against - though with the pitch measurement you might be able to track something down in the Identifying Electrical connectors guide!
Liam

2 Likes

Hi,

Yes it does, the bottom corners are angled:

Thanks

MW

Hi Megan

When some connectors are 2.54mm and some are 2.5mm and some 2.0mm and not interchangeable you might have to be a bit more definite than that. Unless of course someone is familiar with that unit and knows the connector type.
Just had a look at that link. DF Robot are delightfully vague about this sort of detail aren’t they. About what to expect from some suppliers these days unfortunately.
Cheers Bob

1 Like