DC-DC boost converter (DFR0123)

This is a placeholder topic for “DC-DC boost converter” comments.

This is a breakboard boost converter. Supply volatage as low as 3.7v, it boosts to as high as 34v. With this module, you can now power your Arduino with our 3.7V lipo battery.

Read more

1 Like

I have been sent a Boost Converter that is supposed to be your SKU number DFR0123. I notice that the picture on your web page does not match the unit I have before me! Has this product been upgraded and the pic not? Your site mentions an LM2577 data sheet, but the actual chip used is an XL6009E1. Layout has been changed somewhat, too. I need to know about the ENable input. Do you have a current datasheet for the DFR0123 you can send me?

2 Likes

Hello Welcome to the forum :smiley:

I’ve checked the units we have on the shelf here and they use the XL6009E1 as well so it seems DFRobot may have made some changes to that board without letting us know.
I’ve tracked down a datasheet for the XL6009E1 and linked it below

Thanks for bringing this to our attention we’ll get that product page updated to reflect the new revision of the board soon!

Here’s the section from the datasheet on the Pinout:
Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Have used a number of these over the years, does the job really well, but input needs to be more than output. Nice to have a similar one that boosts instead.

Will keep this in mind. Next order have to add a few.

Cheers
Jim

2 Likes

I need a dc regulator input voltage varies frm 3v to 12,5vdc and I need a regulated 12vdc to supply a load of 25mA?

Hi Chris,

Considering the requirements you mentioned, I think one of Pololu’s smaller regulators would be more appropriate. This one has an input voltage range of 2.7-16V, and ~80-90% efficiency in the area you’re looking at (check out the graph in the description):

It can handle around 1.6A, so 25mA is not even breaking a sweat :slight_smile:

Thanks James,
Will the output voltage remain constant while the input varies?
best regs Chris

Hi Chris,

With a few exceptions, that’s exactly what it’ll do :slight_smile: Normally there would be a datasheet link for the IC on the board with more detailed info, but Pololu have kept that a secret (or at least beyond my google-fu)

A good way down the description there’s a link to this article on spikes and how to avoid them, could be worth a read if you’re concerned about the output voltage:

1 Like