Fingerprint scanner for motorcycle ignition

I have an idea to replace the Ignition on my motorcycle with a Fingerprint scanner and I just seen episodes using raspberry pie. I was wondering which is the smallest raspberry pi board that you could use because of the limited space on motorcycle.
And in addition to that idea of a thought of maybe having a voicemail for the Ignition.

Hi Worley
Could end up being a bit of a pain to have to take your glove off every time you wanted to turn the ignition on or off. It would probably have to be a toggle or you would have to hold your finger on to keep it running.
Cheers Bob

Those are some good p*** said. I don’t wear gloves a lot but for something like that you know you? I could probably so we are cut out a piece of the leather right? There where the thumbs at and put a real fine piece of mesh or just hell leave it blank. I’ll leave it open now as far as leaving your Fingerprint own to keep running and reset when get off seat like a mower And couldn’t you get around that by simple use in a normally open or normally close relay

Also Robert, my experience and education are Marines and 3 associates in various broad engineering fields. Mainly, I let the piece of equipment tell me what it wants and trial/error in home garage make, fabricate, redesign anything @ my disposal just to see if i can do it.
My 1st core belief:
“IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM LEARN, UNDERSTAND, KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE FROM 360° PERSPECTIVE AND FIX IT. YOU NEED SOMETHING YOU DON’T HAVE MAKE IT. IF YOU CANT MAKE IT THEN YOU DIDNT NEED IT CAUSE YOU WOULDN’T BE ABLE TO EVER REPAIR IT.”

Hi Worley,

Just a couple things to consider:

• Capacitive fingerprint sensors won’t work when wet, as the capacitance of a water droplet is higher than a fingerprint would ever be. This could present problems if you find yourself caught out by rain.
  • You’ll need a microcontroller involved at some point, check out this guide on Adafruit’s site for info on how these are usually set up:
    Overview | Adafruit Optical Fingerprint Sensor | Adafruit Learning System

Have you considered RFID (perhaps you might be interested in https://dangerousthings.com/), perhaps a low tech combination keypad hooked up to a microcontroller?

A Full size Raspberry Pi would be a huge battery drain and be much more powerful than is needed. I’d look more towards the Pico:

Did you have any more specific questions for us?