Functionality Issues - Waveshare 4G HAT for Raspberry Pi (LTE Cat-4/4G/3G/2G/GNSS)

Hi there,

I’m also having trouble with connecting the Waveshare 4G HAT to my Raspberry Pi 4B. I’ve noticed others are having issues too, so my apologies if this is a bit of a repeat.

I’m an absolute newbie when it comes to using Raspberry Pi’s and Linux operating systems, so this is kind of like teaching a toddler to walk for the first time…

The 4G HAT does work on my laptop via Windows; but then connecting to my Raspberry Pi 4B, it sees it, but doesn’t let me connect to the internet.

I tried reading the SIM7600E-H 4G HAT wiki guide from Waveshare, but the English translation from Chinese, and my newbie understanding of Linux made things incredibly difficult. I only got as far as completing the testing via Windows, but when it came to the instructions for Raspberry Pi, I got absolutely lost.

I also saw the following guides; “Raspberry Pi RNDIS dial-up Internet access”, “NDIS dial-up and self-starting”, and “PPPD dial-up”, but am not sure which ones I’m meant to follow, or if I’m meant to follow all 3.

Plus, down below the main guide, there’s a section called “Raspberry Pi Initialization Settings”. I tried following the instructions but it came up with an error when entering the first command line.

If anyone with a huge amount of patience, and who can interpret Waveshare’s wiki guide, is willing to help, that would be amazing!!
I’m also using a Telstra (Prepaid) SIM card if this helps?

Thanks,
Matty

Did you check this English wiki page?

1 Like

Hi @lia262073 yeah I did, and I found the translation quite difficult to follow :frowning: