Configuring waveshare 7600G-H m2 4g HAT on RPI 4B

Hi there,
Looking for help configuring the waveshare 7600G-H m2 4g HAT with a Rpi 4B.
I am a novice and found the waveshare site a bit cryptic. I did follow the core electronics youtube tutorial on a similar model with no avail. Waveshare SIM7600G-H 4G HAT for Raspberry Pi - Unlock Mobile Connectivity and GPS! - YouTube
Are the drivers the same ?
Any help or links to resources would be appreciated. Cheers Tom

1 Like

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

The hardware itself is very slightly different, one uses a SIM7600G-H with an M2 form factor module and the other is a SIM7600E-H.
You’ll probably need to make sure you use the correct files for the version you’ve got so it addresses the hardware correctly, but the overall workflow should be the same.

The best resource is definitely the manufacturer’s product wiki:

There is another wiki for the module used in the guide for reference, but definitely take the files from the wiki matching the module you have.

While following the guide where did you come unstuck?

Hi Trent,
Thanks for the reply.
I followed Tims tutorial using the correct drivers found on the link you provided.
The last command
chmod +x configure && ./configure && sudo make && sudo make install

seemed to return an error

CDPATH=“${ZSH_VERSION+.}:” && cd . && aclocal-1.13 -I m4
/bin/bash: line 1: aclocal-1.13: command not found
make: *** [Makefile:327: aclocal.m4] Error 127

Tested using the phone call and sms script with errors along the lines of:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/armsto88/SIM7600G-H-4G-HAT-B-Demo/Raspberry/python/SMS/SMS.py”, line 66, in
ReceiveShortMessage()
File “/home/armsto88/SIM7600G-H-4G-HAT-B-Demo/Raspberry/python/SMS/SMS.py”, line 48, in ReceiveShortMessage
send_at(‘AT+CMGF=1’,‘OK’,1)
File “/home/armsto88/SIM7600G-H-4G-HAT-B-Demo/Raspberry/python/SMS/SMS.py”, line 20, in send_at
if back not in rec_buff.decode():
AttributeError: ‘str’ object has no attribute ‘decode’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/armsto88/SIM7600G-H-4G-HAT-B-Demo/Raspberry/python/SMS/SMS.py”, line 70, in
GPIO.cleanup()

Appreciate any help.
Cheers
Tom