HELP - module alteration

Hi - I rang recently in regard to the ‘Voice Recorder Module’ SKU: SEN0197. I have purchased although need to alter the duration limit from 10 seconds to approx. 1-2 minutes. I was told if i have a Arduino, speaker and wires this is possible. May you instruct me the process of how to do so ?
Thank you

Hi Hannah,

Sorry, that is not possible, I’m not sure who told you that. You can extend the recording duration up to 20s by replacing a resistor on the PCB, at the expense of a lower sample rate, but definitely not to 1-2 minutes, and not by just communicating with the chip using an Arduino.

You can use an Arduino to trigger playback and recording using that module though.

If you need more playtime you could use one of the following:

In this case it’s probably not worth the return shipping for a refund, but we can process a return for you if you like. Please send us an email if you’d like to go ahead with that by replying to your order confirmation email.

Regards,
Oliver
Support | Core Electronics

yes - I’d like to put it on a play back, how may o do that??

Hey Hannah,

Yes, you can use the playback pin on the board linked to the Arduino by writing it to digitalWrite(pinNumber, HIGH) as listed on the DFRobot Wiki for this part.

If there’s anything else that we can do for you please let us know!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support