How to integrate a re chargeable battery into a bluetooth speaker

so I am trying to make a Bluetooth speaker for a project. I already have 2 speakers and a 4.2 Bluetooth receiver board which has to be powered by micro usb. however I am trying to integrate a lipo battery into the circuit and a soft switch. I want to be able to charge a 2000mah lipo battery with micro usb and link it into my main circuit hence I don’t have to change the batteries i can just charge it and turn it on with a button and play music like a modern day speaker from ue.

I was looking at the lipo charger - micro USB and the lipo 3.7V 2000mah and a led button would this work?

parts I was looking at
Battery Polymer Lithium Ion Battery (LiPo) 3.7V 2000mAh | Core Electronics Australia
Lipo Charge Board- Lipo Charger-MicroUSB | DFRobot DFR0667 | Core Electronics Australia
given bluetooth board - Bluetooth 4.2 Audio Receiver Board-with an Amplifier (2x5W) | DFRobot DFR0720 | Core Electronics Australia
Light( soft switch) - LED Tactile Button- White | Sparkfun COM-10439 | Core Electronics Australia
Speaker - Speaker - 3" Diameter - 4 Ohm 3 Watt | Adafruit ADA1314 | Core Electronics Australia

thanks

3 Likes

Hey Sam,

That is a great little setup and we actually did a similar project a little while ago that used that Audio receiver board. My only recommendation would be to swap out that battery charger for a Pimoroni LiPo Amigo Pro as it is a better battery management system and made for portable projects.

Cheers,
Blayden

3 Likes

Hi Blayden

I was looking at the pimoroni and I was wounding how exactly would I connect a power button to the circuit and what cord would you recommend to link the pimoroni to my main circuit?

thanks

1 Like

Hi Sam,

I’d recommend our hook-up wire kit:

It has nice silicone covered wires so they are nice and flexible, and 22AWG should be fine for the currents you’re using it with.

1 Like

Your attention is very interesting.

1 Like

Hi Sam,

I’d have a look at using an off the shelf USB battery bank:

I’d also check out this switch for an easy connection: Micro USB cable with Switch | DFRobot FIT0459 | Core Electronics Australia

Liam