I built a robot to thank Uber Eats Drivers 🤖

Thank you Core Electronics forum friends for helping me on this journey!

This project was my first ever encounter with Arduino and robotics, and I honestly couldn’t have done it without you guys patiently answering my questions, helping me troubleshoot and just being awesome people.

It’s because of your help, that I was able to create this robot (who I named Jemima) from scratch.

I look back at the very basic (and newbie) questions I asked when I first joined this forum, and realise just how far I’ve come. You guys have been an integral part of me growing as a tinkerer.

So, thank you:

• @Robert93820, @Alan73922, @Simon58487, for helping me with my first time soldering. Especially Bob for patiently walking me through my sometimes very messy problems.
  • @James for liking & supporting all my posts / comments! And providing awesome tips.
  • @Bryce for answering my questions on flux & removing connectors!
  • @Jeff105671 YOU SAVED ME WITH THE ADAFRUIT SOUNDBOARD TROUBLESHOOTING - thank you!
  • @Liam120347 for answering my newbie questions. The tip you gave about the screw terminals clipping together saved me 3 hours of my life
  • @James46717 for your valuable power bank advice, and also happy :cake: day!
  • @Trent5487676 Thank your 2c about the motion sensors!
  • @Liam Thank you for introducing me to the Teensy! I’ve never heard of it before, but now know that it exists!

Sorry if I missed your name. I still appreciate you, because I read all replies to my posts! :smiley:

This is the best forum I’ve ever been a part of.

Hopefully once I become a pro, I can return & help out people in this forum too.

For now… I still wouldn’t trust my own advice.

— Teena

14 Likes

Loved your video. Reminded me of this one

5 Likes

Awesome, happy to be of help. Cheers Jim

7 Likes

Such a good shoutout @ 3:45!

Thanks @teena175334 :slight_smile: :raised_hands: :+1:

8 Likes

hello graham!

thank you and the CE community too! :smiley:

of course i needed to shout you guys out! you were all part of my journey, and i’m so grateful for all your help!

5 Likes

I think we could all learn a thing or two from your cinematography skills - that was more dramatic than Titanic! :wink:

Great to see all your hard work paid off :slight_smile:

7 Likes

hahaha thank you oliver!

i love the titanic! :ship:

5 Likes

Hi Teena,

What a great video! It’s a shame the Uber drivers were startled by Jemima at first but I’m sure they will come to appreciate her :slight_smile:
Very keen to see what you build next if this is just you getting started, it’s a very impressive first project.

4 Likes

Oh my lord … I hadn’t expected to be entertained like that :upside_down_face:

Such a fun project on so many levels, thanks for sharing the journey with us all!

7 Likes

Hey Teena,

Awesome project! I vibe hard with using the Core boxes in projects ahaha, very crafty!
I’m keen to see what you come up with next!

5 Likes

What a wonderful tribute. Such an endearing record of your journey!

7 Likes

What an awesome project to get started on! Thanks for sharing your video and all of the thank you messages, glad we could help out!

I’m keen to see what you end up working on next! Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions in your future projects and we’ll see what we can do to help.

That’d be brilliant! We aim to provide an active and positive community here on the forum. As you know posts are public, so anyone is free to jump on and make suggestions or start discussions

Personally even if you’re a little unsure about it, I suggest making posts depending on the topic (you’ll be surprised by how much you’ve had to learn even in putting your first project together), as making suggestions and asking questions about what the OP is planning to do is quite helpful for everyone trying to answer and I find it is also a great way to learn by identifying and researching what you don’t know yet.

P.S. I’m sure that Jemima would have also been quite a hit on Halloween yesterday :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

What happened. The video by teena175334 reminded me of this video I built a Tardis but the link didn’t show up. (probably because I didn’t put a description). So here it is again.

5 Likes

This is just wonderful on so many levels - the storytelling, the memes, the concept. I’ve had all those feelings of despair too and done some of those victory dances :dancing_women:
Here’s to more fun projects in the future I cant wait to see what you build next!

6 Likes