Idea for PiicoDev: IR transmitter and receiver

I have just purchased a couple of the BroadLink RM4 mini Wifi/IR devices, but it would really love a simple I2C solution for my Raspberry Pi. I have my Pi responding to Apple Home Kit commands and it would awesome to include IR controlled devices like the television and amplifier. So a PiicoDev device which can capture and record IR codes and then retransmit them would be very cool. Especially if the IR transmitter has a good blast radius to hit things around the room.

2 Likes

I have a broadlink in my home automation setup too. I’d second a vote for a dedicated piicodev module.

I’ve been having fun with my piicodev modules and can’t wait to see which new modules will come next.

2 Likes

Hey @Tim99205 and @Steven - we’ve already brainstormed this idea and rest assured it’s on the To-Do list :wink:

3 Likes

Hi @Michael,
Thank you for responding! Awesome that you are thinking of such a project. I love the work you do with PiicoDev… I am currently trying to collect the set :wink: I look forward to the other innovations you come up with. I2C IR control is something I have never seen from others so far (e.g. Funspark)… Would be cool to be able to play in this space.
Thanks again for all you efforts and your engaging content.
Tim.

2 Likes