Is the Adafruit STEMMA QT cable compatible with PiicoDev?

Looking at connecting a PiicoDev sensor to the Pi GPIO header, is the STEMMA QT / Qwiic JST SH 4-pin Cable plug compatible?

SKU: ADA4397

Please advise, thanks!

– Jono

1 Like

Hey Jono,

Welcome to the forum!
Yeah, between the PiicoDev cables, STEMMA QT, and Qwiic cables are all compatible and use the exact same connector (a JST-SH)

We also stock a male version here: https://core-electronics.com.au/piicodev-breakout-cable-200mm.html

Liam.

2 Likes

Thanks Liam for the confirmation.

I did look at the male version, but since I’ll be connecting directly to the GPIO pins, I’ll need the female version.

– Jono

3 Likes

Hey Jono,

Yes, as Liam said the Qwiic, JST-SH, and STEMMA-QT connectors are identical (just renamed versions of the same thing, there may be very minor differences, but they’re all cross-compatible), this should do the trick for you as I can see the original 150mm cable is currently on lead time if you’re looking for something in stock (this is also 150mm):

3 Likes

Thanks Bryce!

Didn’t see that option, will have to add to the next order…

1 Like

Hi Jono,

One important note:

• Qwiic only has level shifting and voltage regulation on the controller, not devices. So, you can use STEMMA + STEMMA QT devices with any Qwiic controller and you can use Qwiic devices on a STEMMA controller if you set the voltage jumper from 5V to 3V (and have a cable that converts the 2mm to 1mm pitch connector)

At this stage, all of our PiicoDev devices run on 3.3V logic, so keep that in mind as well

-James

2 Likes

Thanks James, for the good advice.

I will keep that important information in mind if/when I come around to mixing these sensor devices. Baby steps at the moment…

– Jono

2 Likes