ITO (Indium Tin Oxide) Coated Glass - 50mm x 50mm (ADA1310)

This is a placeholder topic for “ITO (Indium Tin Oxide) Coated Glass - 50mm x 50mm” comments.

ITO is a clear, conductive liquid/film and here Adafruit have it as a coating on a 1mm glass sheet. This is a very interesting and fun material, also used in scientific … read more

Read more

Hi there do you provide ITO (Indium Tin Oxide) Coated Glass for mobile smartphones Android devices? Where can I purchase a piece of glass with adhesive that I could stick on my phone? The ITO (Indium Tin Oxide) Coated Glass acts as a safe coating on my phone to minimise the electrical current going through my body

Hi Rebekah,

That’s a bit outside our swimlane, unfortunately, we don’t stock smartphone specific accessories. That said, I’m quite curious as to the reasoning for needing anything like that. Most smartphones have a top screen layer made of glass anyway which doesn’t pass any noticeable current through your body. They rely on capacitive touch which will either work in the exact same way regardless of what you put over it, or won’t work at all (rendering your phone useless anyway).

Gooday Rebeklah,
Perhaps you are worried about RF rather than electric current. If so, remember that the phone needs to transmit RF in order to function, and blocking it with anything conductive may cause issues with the RF, and therefore your phones operation.
It would be better to use a earpiece and microphone in the lead attached to your phone to remove the RF from the vicinity of your ear perhaps, but the low level of modern mobile phone energy is reputedly safe for us.
We trust!

2 Likes