Led lighting

New to electronics, could someone show me how to solder these two pieces together which wire goes to which terminal Thanks

You are still missing a few components.

To drive the LED light you need a constant current supply of ~250mA, such as the APC-B-250. To power that supply you need a small 24V adapter, such as 24V DC 2A Appliance Power Supply Adapter | Core Electronics Australia

To drive it from that switch you will need a control module such as MOSFET Module (Screw terminals) | Core Electronics Australia or a relay module such as Relay Module V2 (Arduino Compatible) | DFRobot DFR0017 | Core Electronics Australia (core-electronics.com.au)

Hi Gerry,

Could you share any details about where you got that LED module from? That decides how you have to power it, though you’ll likely be using a constant current module like Jeff suggested:

We’ll be able to offer more advice once we’ve got the whole picture

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the quick response… I thought all I had to do was add one section to the other and add a bud battery ???

oops!!!
cheers Bob

The :LED you have selected is a 3W model designed to operate at 250mA. For that size LED the best way to power it is with a constant current supply. A simple resistor arrangement works OK for one or two LEDs, but not for several high-power devices. The controller adjusts the voltage depending on the characteristics of the LEDs to ensure that the current stays at 250mA, and for a 3W array that would be in the vicinity of 12V. The controller might be an integrated device for connecting direct to the AC or it might consist of a controller module combined with either a battery or AC adapter. You could turn the LEDs on and off with a simple SPST switch. To control it from a MCU you could select a controller that supports an interface to the MCU, or you could switch the controller output using the relay or MOSFET modules I linked. It all depends on how you want to use that LED.

1 Like