Looking for connector

I’m looking for a female XHP2 connector with an external clip. The almost-right-one here is https://core-electronics.com.au/2-pin-female-jst-xh-style-cable-15cm.html, but what I’m looking for has a different clip design. This is what I’m looking for: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online..

2 Likes

Hi Eran,

We’ve got a guide on identifying electrical connectors:

But I can’t find yours anywhere in the long list, it’s got me stumped! I’ll keep digging but I hope someone else can chime in.
-James

1 Like

Hi Eran, James
Just had a look at that link. I think it is there. Looks like it is the “PA” family. Measure the pin pitch carefully. The PA connectors have a pitch of 2mm (NOT 2.54mm). There is a picture of them on that link. It is in the list of JST type of connectors with pictures. Yours I think would be JST-PA-2 (or 02).
cheers Bob

2 Likes

Thanks, @Robert93820. The pitch in my connector is 2.54mm so if the PA family is metric it won’t fit.

1 Like

OK then you may be looking for the XA family. They come up as having a 2.5mm pitch but the one that looks like yours is the XAP-02V-1. RS Components stock code 602-8470 have a look.Crimp pins supplied separately SXA-001T-P0.6. Data sheet on RS site.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes

That’s very much appreciated. I’m still not sure it will fit because of the notches on the one I currently have, but it gives me a direction and I’ll have a closer look at the specs.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

You could also try Element 14 even to get a type number. When I looked at El 14 most of this type of thing were in lots of 1000. RS have lots of 10 which in your case would be better.
If neither of these two have what you need it probably has not been invented yet. Just have to find it although their filters are pretty comprehensive.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I doubt it’s completely non-standard (which is what I assume you meant by “not been invented yet”) because custom parts cost more and this is not an expensive machine. For now, I’ve simply used the original plugs, basically abandoning the search for the part in favour of solder and heat-shrink…

1 Like