mmWave - C4001 24GHz Human Presence Detection Sensor (25 Meters, UART) (SEN0609)

This is a placeholder topic for “mmWave - C4001 24GHz Human Presence Detection Sensor (25 Meters, UART)” comments.

The 25-meter millimeter-wave presence sensor is designed for human detection. Features long-distance range, speed measurement, proximity detection, and a…

Read more

Hi,

I have recently purchased mmWave - C4001 24GHz Human Presence Detection Sensor (25 Meters, UART). I was wondering if this sensor could return coordinate data that can be used to create Point Cloud plots.

1 Like

Hi Jordan, Welcome to the Forums!!!

Having a bit of a look into the communication documentation for the sensor, it only appears to have 2 modes, Detection and Speed/Distance mode. It doesn’t look like this sensor has XYZ coordinates for targets.

Having a look through the MMWave sensors we have most of them are only distance and speed. I have seen ones that do allow positioning of people but they are complete units such as the Aqara FP2

2 Likes

Hi Jordan, welcome to the forums!

Thinking out loud, and depending on the space that you are monitoring, if you had two sensors separated by a ‘some distance’, could you use the distance mode to then measure and triangulate an approximate location?

3 Likes

This is the way.

2 Likes