Momentary Switch to Adafruit Soundboard

How would I connect 2x 5pin momentary push buttons to an ‘Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board + 2x2W Amp’. I have got both the buttons and the soundboard to work (with speakers) separately but not all together. I’m powering the soundboard via USB.

• Jensen

Simple answer is solder the wires to the board.
Can you provide a pic or link to the 2 x 5pin momentary push buttons ??

These switches only need two pins, they can have more but most likely some pins are connected together and perform the same function. Or two pins are used to light a LED or lamp.

From the Adafruit web page the pins on the board trigger when a ground is applied.
So one side of the push button goes to the pin on the board (marked 0 to 10), the other side goes to one of the pins marked GND (there 4 of these). When you push the button GND is applied to the pin and the software plays the audio track associated with that pin.

Cheers
Jim

2 Likes

Here is the link: Waterproof Metal Pushbutton with Blue LED Ring - 16mm Blue Momentary Australia

1 Like

Thanks Jensen.
That’s how I thought it would be with 5 pins. 2 for the light, a common, a normally open and a normally closed pin.
Image2

I will assume you have two sound files on the board associated with pin 0 or pin 1.

Solder a wire to the C1 pin of the switch and to any of the 4 GND pins on the sound board.
Solder a wire to the NO1 pin of the switch to pin 0 of the sound board.

Same for the other switch but solder to pin 1 of the sound board.

You need a fine soldering tip to solder to the board; carefully; and make sure the solder goes only on the pad.

Cheers
Jim

2 Likes

This worked, thank you

1 Like