Mounting the JustBoom DAC HAT

I am mounting my Pi3 B+ and 7" touchscreen on a Pimoroni screen mount (very impressed with both!), and am contemplating using the JustBoom DAC HAT with it. Are the mounting arrangements compatible for this addition?

Hi John, There is a guide on the JustBoom FAQ for how to do exactly that.

Clinton,

I fail to see how the JustBoom DAC HAT instructions address my need to retain mounting of the RPi on the back of the 7" touch screen and Pimoroni holder. It envisages the use of four spacers, which is fair enough, but there is no suggestion as to how those spacers can be compatible with the existing touch screen arrangement - namely the four small metal screws which screw into the four tapped metal spacers.

John

Clinton,

I think there is a simple solution. I have ordered a pack of 5 M2x25 mm screws, which should be long enough. If not, I shall simply have to buy some longer ones (all available from a mid-North Coast supplier via eBay).

Of course, I also have to buy the JustBoom DAC HAT…

John

Sorry, for some reason I thought you meant electrically mounting them together. Yeah longer screws sounds like a good plan, I have taken similar stuff to Bunnings and tried screws till I found one that fits.

1 Like

I am planning to use the JustBoom DAC HAT with the RPi3 B+ already mounted to the Pimoroni 7" touchscreen holder. (I have bought four 25 mm. bolts to enable this to be done). To mount the JustBoom, I will have to remove the two touchscreen power supply lead/clips from the RPi GPIO pins. I am assuming that the preferred way to power the touchscreen is to cut off the clips and solder the leads to the “corresponding” holes on the JustBoom. Is this correct?

John