My next project :frequency counter [SOLVED]

i just turned this up which i found its an Arduino bread board full size but you cannot see but it thas an 10 pin ide lead etc …handy unit just what i needed i think…save me some $$ and get things going…
i have to get some populating pins or hard-wire the l.c.d…not shore which i will do thinking i may just remove the l.c.d from the board and use it that way…pics are explanatory …

conclusion i have come to is that there are pins that i dont require on the lcd board …to be connected… this is my thinking…well today’s job after some rest

nice work Brian!

got ot going had to add a pot for the lcd adjust i removed the lcd display from the other board and it is working as you se it above i modded my first starting post to the thread

1 Like

Awesome, nice work Brian! Looks great!

just an update here is pretty much the finished product…it will sit on top of my neo argon case nicely…

it uses the arduinoo uno the breakout board and the lcd hidden on the breakout board is the few chip’s for decoding it all and the trim pots not seen i will take another few pics later…
so parts used

7404 ttl logic ic
2x10k ten turn trim pot`s
and the software from the post above…
pls note as the df0009 was not suitable as it seemed to not match mu code i removed the 16x2 display and mounted it with some 15 mm tapped standoffs, i used jumper wires and solder etc… have not figured out exactly how i will finish it all off as a complete unit but the screw terminal breakout was very handy and mad it easy to configure the wiring with ease…
i think i will endeavor to get smaller solder type breakout board and use that to neaten and shrink it down etc.etc… but 4 now it will do i run the tacho wire into the chip and seems to function well…reads my fan speed at 1 rpm per revolution so it seems …

1 Like