Particle BORON - VUSB as VIN + using Lipo connector to monitor voltage

(i have posted this on particles forum as well but thought i would have a stab here)

Hello,
I am using the particle boron in a small scale fleet of temperature monitoring equipment. I have a question about using the Lipo connector to monitor voltage at the same time as using VUSB as the supply rail for the boron.

I am supplying VUSB with 5.0V as the power supply for the boron. The overall project has a battery backup and charging module elsewhere on the main PCB. My question is -

I would like to run a set of parallel leads to the Lipo connector from a lipo battery elsewhere in the project to allow me to use the boron fuel gauge to monitor the battery but use the VUSB as the power supply of the board.

Is this possible?

Hey Arnold,

Could you please send us some images of your project? It’d be extremely helpful in assisting you to come up with a solution. Also from the description that you’ve provided it should be possible but we may have to include some diodes to protect from the reverse current so the sensing is accurate. Also if you’d like we have an 8-segment display voltmeter that should be suitable to measure the voltage of the batteries. Here’s the link…

Have a great day!
Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

1 Like