Pi3B V1.2 + XPT2046: Case?

Hi Folks!

First post:

Had a chat with the folks at Core this afternoon, and was able to install the driver for this https://core-electronics.com.au/3-5inch-display-module-touch-lcd-with-stylus-for-raspberry-pi-3.html on the Desktop version of Raspbian by following the steps here: 3.5inch RPi LCD (A) - Waveshare Wiki

Was told that only Pi4 cases are stocked by Core that will house this screen, and I would be best to 3D print a solution for it and my Pi3B.

As I do not have a 3D printer, can anyone let me know where else I can find a case for this kit? My Google Foo has let me down.

2 Likes

Hey Musicalchairs,

Welcome to the forum :grin:

Core has a great 3D printing service that might be good to utilise in this situation.

You will obviously need the model as well though, just taking a quick look on Thingiverse, I found this one that looks like pretty suitable, though it has a slightly taller clearance on top to make room for a HAT for the Pi, however this shouldn’t cause any issues if you don’t include one.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thanks, Owen.
I did not know this service was available, and that case looks perfect for what I am after.
Legend!

3 Likes