Piicodev vs Grove Systems

Hi there! I was wondering about the benefits/disadvantages of the Piicodev vs the Grove systems. They are both designed for rapid prototyping, and are reliable ecosystems of sensors and actuators, with a signature connector and adapters for different development boards.

The one flaw regarding the Grove system is that their sensors are not daisy chain-able, however the shields typically have quite a few connector ports, unlike the Piicodev adapter.

I would appreciate any support you could give me, and I do understand if you are a little biased because Piicodev is a brand that Core Electronics created :wink:

1 Like

Hi Ezra,

This is actually by design, the Grove system allows for different protocols to be used, UART, Analog signals, SPI, I2C etc
Each module requires a specific port to be used, while you might get more ports the amount of sensors will still be limited.

Personally I think the difference is in the documentation and support, PiicoDev being a standout for those getting into the hobby and Makers that like to get projects done quickly. All of the examples are great and easy to use (being micropython and unified).

Grove has a great amount of modules but uses Arduino. Not quite as nimble as Micropython. But the price point for some is quite appealing.

PiicoDev also allows for more ports with the splitter