Plug Identification

I have Sompfy automated blinds, and went the battery operated route, but now find that it is really difficult to plug in the charge cables as the position of them is really hidden and it is just a PITA to be honest.
So, I want to hard wire the chargers, no problems with that, and I will just put them on a smart switch so that they get an hour a day or so of charging.
No problems there.

My issue is that I have two blinds and one charger and to buy the second charger the store wants a massive $50 postage just for the $35 charger.

So, I am trying to locate what the plug is so that I can use the one charger but have both plugged in.

I thought that they were JST connectors so bought some, but the clip is different.
Anyone have any ideas?
2.0mm pin width.

Hi Andrew
Is this what you have got ??

If it is too difficult to read the plug is JST SYR-02TV.
This Somfy page is here

Found after drilling down a bit on the Somfy web site.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes

Great sleuthing Bob, but that’s not it.
The transformer that I have is:

Hi Andrew,

I managed to dig up a supplier, but not much else :frowning:

Looks like this is a part they get made directly for them. I’d see if the connector Robert mentioned looks the same and give it a go, as product manufacturers tend not to introduce new parts into their supply chain unless they need to, though perhaps the “battery charger” has more smarts than just a power supply, and thus needs to be idiot-proofed with a different connector.

1 Like

Hi Andrew
I note that Somfy have a local (.au) web site

I don’t know your location but they seem to have a comprehensive list of sales outlets. You may be able to find one local that can help.
Are you sure that 650mA is enough to charge 2 blinds at the same time ???
Cheers Bob
EDIT
Just noted James’ reply. He could be right re smarts in the charger and maybe an additional charger as you initially implied would be better.

2 Likes

Wow, ok, low tech option for the win, thanks Bob.
For whatever reason I didnt even think about an alternate supplier for the power supply and as it turns out there is one about 45 minutes away from me.
Thanks.

I know we’re a couple of months down the line from this being first asked… I came across it while trying to find out what the connector is that Somfy use to charge their 9021217 batteries. I needed 19 extensions and wasn’t up for purchasing them at £8 each and so started looking at the connectors with a view of knocking up my own. I thought I would post my findings on here, just in case anyone else came across this post while looking for the information.

After a lot of searching and trialing, I found that JST-ZH 3-Pin seemed to work really nicely. Although they are not perfect, they fit well and snuggly without having to ‘force’ or modify anything. As far as pinouts are concerned, it’s pretty straight forward:

Looking at the ‘front’ of the battery where the charge port is and the output ‘tail’ in the top left, pin 1 is unused, the middle pin is GROUND and the third pin is the POS. I got hold of some prewired JST connectors from Amazon which were were already wired in that order and so the wire colours didn’t need changing. The work a treat and I was able to make all the extensions I needed and used some thin trunking to hide the cable.

Hope this helps someone out there.

4 Likes

That’s a slightly different connector to mine.
I ended up just buying a separate charger and plugged them both in, and give it about an hour of charge every couple of months.
Works just fine, I just need to hide the cables now.

As an aside, anyone thinking like me that that battery ones would be better as you dont need to hard wire them is making a huge mistake. Plugging in the charger is insanely difficult on the big motors as the socket as tiny and when the blinds are up recessed behind the blind rolled up with only the smallest sliver to get at, not to mention is it slammed right up against the wall and depending on the orientation of the blind, it can be at the back or the top.
If you have pelmets then it would be almost impossible to plug it in.
The smaller blind that I have has a fly lead, not a socket so it’s dead easy.

There’s your word of warning :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes