Polymaker PolyMide CoPA Nylon Black 2.85mm 750g (CE06694)

This is a placeholder topic for “Polymaker PolyMide CoPA Nylon Black 2.85mm 750g” comments.

PolyMide™ is a family of Nylon/polyamide based filaments. Produced with Polymaker’s Warp-Free™ technology, PolyMide™ filaments deliver engineering properties intrinsic to Nylon and ease of printing. PolyMide™ CoPA is based on a copolymer of Nylon 6 and Nylon 6,6. The filament combines excellent strength, toughness, and heat resistance of up to 180˚C.

Read more

Hi I didn’t realise you needed a hardened steel nozzle for this filament until I opened the box and there was a warning in there. Will have to use a different filament now as it costs $600 to have a print core cc for the ultimaker s5 as you can’t just replace the nozzles.

Hi Ben,

For what it’s worth, I used a plated copper nozzle with 1kg of CoPa, and didn’t notice a loss of the plating or anything like that. Generally non-hardened nozzles like mine give up after around 0.3Kg of composites.

If it doesn’t have carbon or glass fibres, I’d say light printing is unlikely to do damage, but I do understand it’s an expensive machine, and yours to play it safe with.

You’re already taking a bit of a risk with a non-Ultimaker filament (if something goes wrong, it’s on you), so I’d just give it a go and if you do notice widening on your regular Print Core nozzle, you can replace that one rather than buy an expensive CC core.

Not sure whether this is helpful to you, but I can vouch for CoPas printability, safety and material properties

-James

1 Like