Power LP with Powerbank

Hi All. I have just received my LP Alpha :slight_smile: .
I have a 50Ah LIPO powerbank which has a variable DC output of 12v/16v/19/20v at 4.7A.
I should be able to connect the LP C power input to the LIPO DC out?

Thanks
Peter

Hey Peter,

That’s great, according to the Latte Panda Documentation (http://docs.lattepanda.com/content/alpha_edition/powering/) standard power is DC 12V@3A but the Alpha is capable of handling a range of 10 to 15 V recommended at 36 Watts so a 12V supply capable of 4.7A providing 56.4 Watts such as the one you’re using should work fine. (Still worth checking the documentation to ensure proper connection to the board) Have fun with your board!

Sincerely,
Bryce

1 Like

Hey thanks Bryce.
I am using a DC plug. would presume the Tip be Positive?
-Thanks.

Have successfully powered my LP with external battery pack. Wahoo!. Just as well.
Problem now is it looks like i have a dodgy USB C connector on the supplied power pack. LP powers up (Red) then turns off. I hold onto the plug tightly and it powers on. Using a bulldog clip i can keep the power going to get Blue led and login.
Any chance of a replacement?

Hi, regarding the powerbank. Can I bypass the USB and power directly through the 4pin 12v DC in. I want to avoid using a passthrough on the USB C as I need to run a display port monitor through the USB C?

Hey Chris,

Sorry for such a delayed response, but yes you should be able to power the LattePanda from the 4pin input to save the USB C if you use a suitable power supply.

Hey Peter,

It appears that the connection may just be being caused by slightly different protocol on the connections and that the LattePanda isn’t faulty. If you wish to purse this further please leave us an email as support@coreelectronics and myself or another member of our team will see what we can do to resolve your issue.

Have a great day everyone!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support