Project by John; Playing Synthesizers with a Teensy Controlled Game on a LaunchPad

I’ve just shared a new project: "Playing Synthesizers with a Teensy Controlled Game on a LaunchPad"

I am an amateur musician, coder, and electronics maker. When I found out that the Novation Launchpad (mine is a mini MK3) can be programmed, I was excited about creating unique music. The idea is to use the Launchpad to play a game and use the game to generate notes for the synthesisers to play. In this version, you can play Naughts and Crosses (Tic Tac Toe). The Teensy sends a predetermined sequence and altered notes, which vary as you play the game, to the synths.

Read more

4 Likes

Hi John,

Awesome project, it’s been amazing seeing your updates on the forum! In my mind the Launchpad has become synonymous with your projects integrating a fun aspect such as a game or another visual representation and then letting us hear all of it - and your name!

Liam.

4 Likes

Thanks Liam. It’s nice to get cool feedback.

3 Likes

Hi John,

Thanks for letting us publish your build! Your jam videos are a forum favourite and it’s great to have the option to go deeper and read about how you put it all together.

3 Likes

Thanks Trent, hopefully someone will be inspired to do their own version!

4 Likes

Hi John.
Love this little project.
Such a cool way to gamify music making!
Nice one!
Pix :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Thanks Pix. It’s fun coming up with new ones.
I have done a few different music “games” which are on my YouTube Channel.

2 Likes