Bespoke Dual LaunchPads Controller. Teensy Microcontroller sequencing Volca Bass, FM and Drum

Bespoke Dual LaunchPads Controller. Teensy Microcontroller sequencing Volca Bass, FM and Drum

Now using two Launchpads to get 16 steps! The Launchpads are effectively a large screen and keyboard in one. Great fun!

This is a bit of a test run using the probability pad to chose some random notes and beats.

3 Likes

Hi John,

It’s always a treat to see what you’ve been working on. Now that you’ve got two launchpads running at once I can’t help but wonder if this is the beginning of a slippery slope, with always more and more launchpads for ever larger DIY synths.

Either way, I’m keen to see where your experiments lead.

2 Likes

Ha!
Or should that be “Mwah ha ha”…1
Pretty sure I could add more, but I’m not sure I want to spend more on it.
Thanks for your nice comment.

1. Is this how an evil madman laughs?
1 Like

Update:
Using my Bespoke Teensy Controlled Dual Launchpad system.

This is more of a demonstration of jamming using my system than a great Jam. :wink:

No patterns were created before starting. I used the random pattern function to generate one pattern and I also tested some new functions:

• Drum Ratchet

• Probability per Step

• Synth Drone

• Teensy System is now capable of driving 4 synths and 1 drums machine via dedicated MIDI outs

Synths:

Volca FM: Nice drone sounds

Volca Keys: Crunchy Delay/Echo

RD-6: Drums

TD-3: Random pattern

Random patterns generated by Teensy Microcontroller. ChatGPT eat your heart out!

Using my bespoke Teensy controlled system to generate some random patterns on the fly. The Launchpads are the screen and keyboard for the system.