Project by Sneaky; My ghostbusters proton pack

Sneaky just shared a new project: "My ghostbusters proton pack"

Hi all. Thought I’d share with you my modded Spirit Halloween proton pack. It’s about 80% scale, which is plenty big enough for my 7-year-old son, and still looks decently sized on adults. As soon as I learned of this pack, 5-year-old me just had to get one. And I had just gotten my Arduino beginners kit a week earlier. I knew what had to be done :slight_smile:

Read more

3 Likes

Amazing project Sneaky!

Thanks for sharing! We were all watching your videos in the office the other day. Great build! I love how those lights look in the dark especially.

Go catch some ghosts!

2 Likes

Thanks Stephen, I’m glad you liked it!
I had the volume down for that video, as my son was sleeping downstairs. That was set at less than half the normal volume. It has a nice rumble when powered up and idling. Powering on the pack gets the attention of everyone in the room lol. For those wondering, the 20w amplifier is plenty powerful.
I’m adding brighter cyclotron lights (RGB) and plan to use the pack bar leds as a VU meter when playing music.

2 Likes

Maybe throw one of these in there!

1 Like

Just about died when I saw the price of that haha.
Some people install e-cig kits for smoke which is considerably cheaper, but I’m not motivated to do that any time soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, it wasn’t a serious suggestion. I didn’t look at the price, but I knew :slight_smile: I was thinking about making an e-cig smoke machine for one of my costumes a while back. It couldn’t be too hard, if I ever get around to it I’ll post a how-to.

1 Like

A bunch of smoke machines you can strip down for under $40 on ebay! Then you get the pump and the tank too. No need to buy an expensive vape pen for just the coil.

1 Like