Raspberry Pi 3 B+ power supply

Hi, I purchased the CE00278 power supply and plugged it into the Raspberry Pi and nothing happened, I then plugged the Pi into an Apply power supply(2.1A) and all worked fie so just though the supply was faulty. On teh same order, I purchased a variable voltage supply CE04425 and noticed it had a USB adaptor. I set it to 5V, plugged it into the Pi and all was good, for one day. Then on Sunday, I went to turn the power on and the board did nothing. I then plugged the board and same cable into the Apple supply again, and it worked fine.

I don’t think it likely that two supply would just fail so I’m after some ideas before i continue.

regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Can you put a voltage meter on either of those power supplies to confirm they are supplying voltage? It sounds like the CE00278 might be faulty but it would be good to confirm with a meter or another device if possible.

Hi Stephen,
I could only check the CE04425 with the adaptor pieces removed and it has failed and Zero voltage out with 5V DC selected.IMG_5758 IMG_5757 IMG_5755
The Three photos show the Pi not working with either power supply but working with the Apple charger.
It’s weird but I can only conclude both power supply’s are faulty.

Can you please review this and arrange for a replacement for the two faulty power supply’s.
Cheers,
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Please respond to your order confirmation email to initiate the returns process. Include a link to this thread (so you don’t need to re-upload anything).

The adapter pieces can be installed backwards on the CE04425, Have you tried switching it to different voltages? Perhaps the selector isn’t completely straight on 5V?

Hi Stephen,
the adapters appear to be able only go in one way with the connector design. I check other voltages and they didn’t work either.

Thanks for your help and I reply to my order confirmation.

Thanks,
Bruce