Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (CE00269)

This is a placeholder topic for “Raspberry Pi 3 Model B” comments.

Everyone knows and loves Raspberry Pi, but what if you didn’t need additional peripherals to make it wireless. The Raspberry Pi 3 is here to provide you with the same Pi as before but now with double the ram and a much faster processor. The credit-card sized computer is capable of many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and playing high-definition video and games. It can run several flavors of Linux (and even Windows 10 free-of-charge) and is being used to teach kids all over the world how to program…

Read more

Using this as a NAS server running OMV software and 2 4TB WD HDD’s in a Raid 1 configuration. Perfect for the job.

2 Likes

What an awesome application for the Pi Mark, thanks for letting us know it’s working well for you!

I can’t get enough of these fantastic single board marvels. They boot up very quickly and the Pi3 has inbuilt WiFi so you can connect to it remotely. If you are thinking about ditching windows and going down the Linux path, get one of these, load up one of the Linux distributions on to it and have a play around and get a feel for what Linux is all about. You’ll learn heaps while you’re at it.

2 Likes

I’m looking for a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B but I need the 4gb not the 1gb. do you do that?

Hey Graeme, there is no 4Gb 3B, the 1GB is the only 3B that exists.

Hey Graeme,

If you need 4gb of RAM you will probably be looking at the Pi 4: https://core-electronics.com.au/raspberry-pi-4-model-b-4gb.html

1 Like

unfortunate the rpi-3 only has usb 2 ports which limits what i am about to post about this taken in mind you could use a “zram-config” or similar to utilize a high speed usb stick …it would need to most likely need to modify the structure of the program or utilize a created swap file on a usb stick…it would need to be as high speed as the usb 2 bus can manage here is a link for you to have a look at with some modding of its code it may be an alternative…

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14664