Raspberry Pi RP2040 Microcontroller (CE07840)

This is a placeholder topic for “Raspberry Pi RP2040 Microcontroller” comments.

RP2040 is Raspberry Pi’s first microcontroller and it features Dual-core Arm Cortex-M0+ with 133Mhz Clock, 264KB SRAM, UART, SPI and I2C support. Along with a whole lot more.

Read more

1 Like

Can we get a link to the QSPI flash for this micro in the “associated products” tab please ?

2 Likes

Hey Kyran,

We do normally have some listed as a recommended essential, but unfortunately we’re out of stock (so it won’t display there):

If we can dig up some other W25Q we’ll let you know!

1 Like

Hi Kyran,

Welcome to the forum!!

We just got some 16Mbit Flash memory compatible with the RP2040 into the range:

If there are any specifications you’d like added to the product page let us know and we’ll get it updated!

Liam

1 Like

This is absolutely fantastic!
I love the MVP version in the documentation.
Now you have me thinking if I can plan up a custom PCB using this chipset and rolling my own Pi Zero in light of the current shortages.

1 Like

Awesome, Thanks!

1 Like

This is for the RP2040, so that’s for the Pi Pico not the zero. It seems there’s no shortage of picos, or other RP2040 based devices

2 Likes

Ahh that makes sense.

1 Like

Hi All,

Neat lil chip!

@AndrewBG certainly doesn’t mean it can’t be done though, I saw this a lil while back and it looked neat.

Depending on your project there is definitely scope to either strip down the code that runs our outsource the processing - to a Pi 4, PC or even cloud computing like AWS. Regardless it’s always great seeing what PCB designs people come up with!

2 Likes

Ordinarily, yes, and I might look at using this for other projects, but my main one is camera control and image processing, I just dont think that there is enough RAM or processing power in this chip unfortunately, but I’ll have a look at it on the Pi Pico