Rfm69hcw rssi

Hello,

I am undertaking a project which requires gathering the RSSI value from a transceiver. I am looking at using the RFM69 module and the datasheet appears to mention it is accessible. Has anyone here had experience with getting access to this with the RFM69. I ask due to reading come conflicting information online.
Cheers
Thomas

1 Like

Hey Thomas,

Welcome to the forum!!
Just to make sure all of the info anyone else feeds through, which breakout of the board were you using? I can definitely see that there is some functionality for RSSI on the datasheet but haven’t looked into it enough.

1 Like

Hello, thankyou very much.

I’m not quite sure what you are asking. I would be purchasing item SKU: COM-13910 from core electronics if I intend to pursue it. And then either build my own breakout board, breadboard or purchase one. I did notice item SKU: ADA3071 that already has it attached to a breakout board. But either way, i’d be communicating via the MOSI, MISO pins.

1 Like

Just to let people know, I have found a link RFM69HCW Hookup Guide - learn.sparkfun.com which mentions how to hook-up this board and there is a mention of printing out the RSSI register value, down at the bottom of the page. I have not looked deep into this but thought it could be a good example to follow.

1 Like