Rocker Switch - On/Off/On (Round) (COM-14978)

This is a placeholder topic for “Rocker Switch - On/Off/On (Round)” comments.

This little round on/off/on toggle switch is rated up to 10A at 125VAC and can be panel mounted in a 20mm diameter hole.

Read more

2 Likes

Hi. We are building a home-based plastic recycling machine and we want to (we think) have a toggle switch ‘on’, but then for it to switch ‘off’ mechanically, when the top plate hits the top of the mould. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Hi Brett
Sounds like a straight out mechanical problem. There are toggle switches around with different length “toggles”, some are fairly long. All you have to do is make sure you don’t break the switch when it is switched off.
As you are the only one who has seen this set up and knows what the “top plate” and “mould” look like you are probably the only one who can answer your questions.
A metal or woodworking shop probably have machines that switch a toggle switch off when the blade or whatever gets to its limit. One of those metal horizontal band saws where the saw drops through the job at a rate controlled hydraulically is one such tool. I am sure of this as I have often used one. You may get some ideas in such a place.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes

Thanks Robert. Yeah, I thought this also, but I just can’t find the basic switch mechanism that I can build the lever arm on top of anywhere. Any thoughts? I’ve tried googling toggle switch and rocker switch, but can’t find what I’m after.

Hi Brett
Without physically sighting your set up it is difficult deciding exactly what you are after. Jaycar have some heavy duty toggle switches or you could try trawling Element 14 or RS Components but be prepared to use up some time as they both stock literally hundreds of types of switch.
Cheers Bob

Hi Brett,

Would something like a microswitch work? Mini Snap-Action Switch with 13.5mm Lever: 3-Pin, SPDT, 1A | POLOLU-1528 | Core Electronics Australia

What are you stopping? Would some padding help slow down the object?

Liam.