SIM7600CE not receiving call and sms

Hi

I am using SIM7600CE with Arduino for sending SMS. I put external 12V power supply to the module. The network LED flashes quickly however I could not receive call and SMS. I tried Telstra and Vodafone sim card but they are all failed. I followed the steps from DF robot. When I send AT commend, it says Ok and when I send ATD###########, it says No Carrier.

2 Likes

Hi Aung,

Have you confirmed the compatibility of the network and SIM with the Arduino and ensured that you have the correct permissions to send an SMS on the network. Also I’d take a look at these tutorials, as even though the devices and setup may be different they should have some suitable information in understanding your problem.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/GSMExamplesSendSMS

Have a great day!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

2 Likes

Hi Bryce,

Thanks for your information. It works when I press reset button. Does SIM7000E work the same as SIM7600CE?

Regards,
Aung

1 Like

Hi Aung,

That depends on the definition of work. The specs between the two boards vary quite significantly as they use different IC, however the application and the scripting/interfacing to the board is almost identical. All the best with it!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

1 Like

I just bought one of the SIM7600CE-T as well. This may seem like a dumb question but I’m a total newbie. Do I need to plug in an external antenna. I would have thought one should be supplied but it didn’t come with one.
When I try it, I also get no carrier. I have a small sim in a very flimsy large sim adapter which was supplied with the shield. It could be that it’s not making a proper connection but I’m not sure. I’ll get another full size sim and try again but any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Hi Khaled,

A rule of thumb for radio devices is to use them with the appropriate antenna, while this device doesn’t specify whether using it without an antenna will damage it, many devices do.

We’ve got quite a few LTE antennas in our range, take a look!

-James

2 Likes

I’ve got the antenna connected now. The blue led flashes once per second as per product wiki. I can send and receive SMS’s without issues. But I can’t make or receive calls. Making a call gives no carrier. Calling the device goes straight to voicemail. I’ve tried two Telstra SIM cards and an Optus SIM card. I’m yet to try Vodafone but given the symptoms and that I’ve tried two different carriers, I think it’s the shield. It’s definitely connected to the network given that I can send and receive sms messages but I really need to be able to make and receive calls. Anyone got this going in Australia. I’ve tried it at 115200 baud rate and even slowed it right down to 9600 and no difference. I’d love any help I can get.

2 Likes

I am facing similar problem, able to only send SMS, if you have solved it please let me know

1 Like

Hey Khaled, fyi, check out my post on the SIM7000 here:

The SIM7600 also has telstra certification IIRC, sothere shouldn’t be any hardware issues. It’s likely a configuration problem.

How have you got it connected? Cat-m1? Nb-iot?

Calling on an LTE network requires VoLTE (I suspect) so you may need.to double check.the.protocol you’re trying to use for calling.

1 Like