Temperature Sensor - Waterproof (DS18B20) (SEN-11050)

Thanks Rob. As I remember from my initial setup testing, resistance across the sensors was near infinite (above the limit of my meter), so there is definitely no resistor inside. I agree it wouldn’t make sense if 6 were connected in parallel. Actually I only have 2 sensors, and have certainly tried only 1 to check (each one separately as well). Neither a pull up or pull down resistor connected helped. I believe there is already a pull up in the Fibaro because I measure 3.3v on both power and data wires to the sensor. I am going to have to find other equipment to connect to in order to isolate if my issue is my connection to the Fibaro, or the settings within the OpenHAB software I am using to communicate to the Fibaro. Meanwhile I can receive the internal temperature of the Fibaro on OpenHAB, and control both its output relays. So I am still unsure where the problem is exactly. Will keep trying! Cheers.

1 Like

Hi Mike

If you measure this with the sensor disconnected you are correct, there is a pull up in the Fibaro and no further resistors should be required.

I have had no experience with these sensors but from the reading I have done it seems that each has a unique serial number that is used for identification. Is the Fibaro aware of the correct number somehow automatically or have you got to go through some sort of initialising process during some sort of set up.
Cheers Bob

1 Like

I have the Adafruit version of this sensor.
It worked nicely on a Pi Pico, specifying a pullup in the software.

On a Pi 3B+ just specifying a pullup in the software did not work, it needed an external 4k7 resistor.

The Maxim 1-Wire interface is excellent but a little fussy.
The Pi OS does all the hard work of reading the sensor; the temperature is available in a text file, makes the code very simple. There is a lot of good stuff built into to the Pi OS.

Regards
Jim