The EDA software files

hello all
am a PCB designer and i have not been involved in any manufacturing process as my workmate has been standing in in that process. Currently the workmate is on leave and I have been left to handle all the task. On designing a PCB using the KICAD eda and trying to order it through through an online manufacturers platform but the BOM is rejected. How can i be helped out? Which BOM file is supported by the manufacturers?

3 Likes

Hi Simon,

The community will need some more details to help out, what fab house are you using? All of the fab houses I’ve used have some proprietary standard for what they need(sometimes needing some manual intervention).

The support file types and configurations can usually be found somewhere on the site - and if you have any troubles there is usually an online chat to help diagnose any issues.

3 Likes

thanks for the information
am doing the order through China PCB Prototype & Fabrication Manufacturer - PCB Prototype the Easy Way (pcbway.com)
is there any further assistance i can get?
thanks

2 Likes

Hi Simon,

I havent used PCBWAY before so wont be able to advise, they have a live chat where you can ask them questions. I’d head down that path.
PS: Here’s the reference for creating/organising your BOM: SMT Ordering Necessary Files & Info: Accurate information supports efficient quote & manufacturing processes -PCBWay

2 Likes