We’re just playing with a Pi 4 and TV Hat. It’s basically working, however we have struck a problem which could use some advice on. We have tested a number of DVB-T streamers, inc TVHeadEnd, Mumudvb and dvblast. The latter is the one we want to use because it supports rtp encapsulation of mpeg-ts over multicast udp.
We gave up quickly on tvheadend because the IP streaming transport options were too limited.
What we found was that with both mumudvb and dvblast they report errors that are somewhat similar, in the latter case:
error: DMXSetFilter: opening device failed (Too many open files)
and this is repeated a number of times. The effect of it is that only a couple of the demuxed channels from a given service frequency actually end up working concurrently, when it should be possible to have them all streaming concurrently.
This does not seem to be a problem of too many open file handles generally, it’s more specific to something in DVB device driver chain.