USB 2.0 and Ethernet Hub - 3 USB Ports and 1 Ethernet (ADA2909)

This is a placeholder topic for “USB 2.0 and Ethernet Hub - 3 USB Ports and 1 Ethernet” comments.

One can never have enough socks, or USB ports. Add some more USB and Ethernet capability to your Raspberry Pi or, really, any kind of computer with this USB 2.0 … read more

Read more

1 Like

do you need to install a driver/library for this ? (e.g. apt-get etc)

Hi Ray,

There should be no drivers needed for this.

When I plug this ethernet hub into my windows 10 PC its not recognised. Is there a windows driver for it?

1 Like

The device appears to be in the Microsoft Windows Driver Catalog, so choosing the search on-line option at installation time should find the correct driver for this device.

If that doesn’t work you can look for the device in Device Manager. You should then have a Hardware ID (under Details) that you can search on. If you are unfamiliar with installing Windows device drivers please note that you should never download an EXE file for a device driver installation - it will almost always contain malware.

If you can’t find a match by Hardware ID try this one:
Download ASIX AX88772A USB to Ethernet Driver 3.18.2.0 for Windows 10 64 bit (softpedia.com)

2 Likes

The Microsoft Update Catalog lists Windows 10 drivers dated 2016.
You could try these.

I have the micro usb version of this hub working on a Pi Zero to give the Pi a Ethernet port.
Have not tried it on a Windows 10 PC.

Cheers
Jim

1 Like