Vacuum Pump - 12V (ROB-10398)

This is a placeholder topic for “Vacuum Pump - 12V” comments.

This vacuum pump really sucks! This pump operates at 12V and has enough suction for most small projects. We even used one to make our very own universal gripper using coffee grounds, balloon and some other parts.

Read more

Hi , I’m looking for a small suction pump to bring drinking water from a plastic container

Would have to lift water up 1 metre and travel 3metres

Hey Glen,

For all pump projects that involve liquids that you will be drinking we suggest using Peristaltic Pumps.

Regular pumps pass the liquid through the internals of the device which can be contaminated, particularly over long periods of time. Peristaltic pumps while a bit more expensive have tubing that never has the internals exposed to any part of the pump itself, which means the liquid never touches it. These are the types of pumps used in drink machines!

Hey Glen,

Another important feature to note is that due to the physical limitations of a vacuum being able to apply pressure (max of 1 atm differential) it’s nearly always more effective to apply pressure to a container that is sealed and take an output from that rather than trying to use atmospheric pressure. And as Owen said a peristaltic pump is a necessity when working with drinkable liquids. Have a great day!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

Hi. So, I am building a wireless pneumatic pump for my manual PnP machine. The setup is working (see here).

BUT.

It sucks! Meaning, it does not suck (or suck enough), once I have the PnP tips on etc.

In the video, I had grabbed a YW02-DC12 off AliExpress, thinking that would work for this task. It seems to be a diaphragm air pump, rather than a vacuum pump – so whether that is what the problem is, is therefore a question.

Not being into the science of SUCK, I am hoping this pump does not suck, that is it does suck enough for portable PnP pump application? Is this part genuinely a vacuum pump?

UPDATE
In for a penny, in for a pump. I have one ordered. Stay tuned.

I made cold drink dispenser with this.

Can this be backdriven to create positive pressure?